'The Bible is an intelligently and intricately designed masterpiece. Every word, every number, and every letter is there by design and there for a reason,' as Dr. Chuck Missler repeatedly states in his teachings - AND, I will emphatically add - if a person earnestly desires to know a truth from the Bible, the answer is hidden there in the text to be discovered when the clues are patiently followed, including information about the number 666.
In this article we will be performing a detailed analysis on the mysterious and infamous 666 from the Scriptures, the number that has so intrigued the masses, both secular and religious, particularly in the last fifty or so years. Hollywood, in particular, has had ‘box office busters,’ producing the most imaginative, evil characters and plots for the 'Antichrist'. Yet, if the writers of those scripts had only been Believers with a heart for understanding the truth, they could have produced more realistic and truthful screen plays to evangelize the public, if they had only read the Script of scripts.
The Occurrence of 666 in the Scriptures - The Hidden Clues
666 occurs in the Bible in two places, apart from the obvious one in Revelation 13:
* Kings 10:14 - the weight of gold that came to Solomon yearly was 666 talents of
* Ezra 2:13 - the number of people of Adonikam, that returned to Israel from
Babylon was 666.
The following are the hidden clues to be drawn out of the above two verses:
1. Kings 10:14
* Solomon was a king, his name in Hebrew is שלמה - Shelomah - meaning 'peaceful.' The Hebrew word shalom - שלום - means 'peace,' in fact words that are Semitic in origin and contain the consonant sounds: s/sh, l, and m - in that order - have the same root meaning - 'peace'.
* There is much wealth surrounding, and going, to this king.
2. Ezra 2:13
* Adonikam in Hebrew is made from the words: אדני - Adoni - meaning 'lord,' and קם - qam - meaning: 'rising, pitch/oil, appoint self, elevate, height, and enemy.' Hence, Adonikam means, 'Lord who elevates himself in greatness/lord of the pitch or oil/lord of the enemy,' which basically means ‘Satan the enemy’ who has elevated himself.
* Adonikam comes from Babylon to Israel.
* When the Assyrian Empire invaded the Northern Kingdom of Israel in c. 700 BC, it carried away its’ inhabitants, and the Northern Kingdom then became known as Samaria. Adonikam was part of those captives to Assyria, since Babylon conquered Assyria two centuries later and the descendants of Adonikam were a portion of ‘the number of men of the people of Israel’ as distinct from Judah and Jerusalem (Ezra 2:1). The king of Assyria, who conducted the invasion was Shalmanesser V, also called Shalman (Hosea 10:14), and has the same first three Hebrew letters as Solomon’s name - שלמ, which means 'peace.'
When Yeshua goes forth to judge the Antichrist system in Revelation 19, He has a name written on His thigh, “King of kings and Lord of lords.” This may be a direct reference to the above two 666 scriptures. Since Solomon was a king, and Adonikam means ‘lord/Satan the enemy,’ this verse is saying that Yeshua is greater than all kings - even Solomon, and greater than all lords - even Satan/Adonikam. Hence, the above two, Old Testament '666' verses are clues to the name and character of the last-days empire which identify the key descriptors: 'peace' and the 'Satanic enemy' that is associated with pitch, or oil, and comes from Babylon.
Daniel 8:25 describes the actions of Antiochus Epiphanes, the type of the one who is behind the abomination of desolation in the last- days. The campaign of this ruler is described in the Apocrypha of the Catholic Bible in I Maccabees (which is not considered canonical yet it is accurate history). In Daniel 8:25 it says that this ruler/empire will “...by peace shall destroy many…”.
Revelation 17 speaks about a woman riding a beast who is Babylon where false religion originates, and she is riding on the back of all of Satan’s empires in history, which happens to be Islam in the last of the last-days. The woman is adorned with ‘gold and precious stones and pearls,’ and so has much wealth. Hence, the key words: wealth, Babylon, descendants of the enemies of Israel, Satan and peace - particularly the Hebrew letters - שלם - are all identification markers of 666.
The Main Occurrences of 6, 60, and 600 in the Scriptures
The following findings are not exhaustive; the main ones have been chosen that related to end-time prophecies. It is interesting to note that the first two findings below are two of the many enemies of Israel and have the numbers 6, 60, or 600 associated with them:
1. Goliath a Giant Philistine from Gath
* 1 Samuel 17:4 - The height of Goliath is 6 cubits and a span.
* 2 Samuel 21:20 - One of Goliath’s sons has 6 fingers and 6 toes.
* 1 Samuel 17: 5-7 - There were 6 pieces to Goliath’s armor, and the spearhead
weighed 600 shekels of iron
Goliath comes from the Hebrew root גלה which means: 'to denude or strip captives, fountain and bowl.' Gath, the place he’s from, is the Hebrew word גת which means a 'winepress.' The winepress of the wrath of Yahweh is introduced before the bowl judgments in Revelation 14, the judgment on the enemies of Yeshua. The area of the biblical Philistines is present-day Gaza, a designated area for the Arabs (erroneously called 'Palestinians') within Israel, the home of Hamas an Islamic terrorist group and a sworn enemy of Israel. Philistia is listed in the judgments which will be conducted by Yeshua Himself in Ezekiel 25:15-17 and Psalm 83. It is very important to realize that if cities or countries are mentioned by name in the Scriptures, then they are not to be interpreted as symbolic of ‘something else,’ they are to be taken literally. You will notice when you study the nations in the judgment in Psalm 83, and the nations that are the enemies of the Jews, they are all named, are all Middle-Eastern, and are all Islamic today.
2. King Nebuchadnezzar
* Daniel 3:1 describes the dimensions of the statue that this king had built - its height
was 60 cubits and its width 6 cubits, and was an image of gold.
3. King Solomon
* 1 Kings 10:16 - 600 shekels of gold in 200 large shields
* 1 Kings 10:19 - Solomon’s throne had 6 steps
* 1 Kings 10:29 - The cost of a chariot that was imported from Egypt was 600
shekels of silver
From these two kings we can see that 6, 60 and 600 are associated with: wealth, warfare, and worship; and Solomon is associated with 6, 60, 600 and 666.
* Genesis 7:6 - ‘Noah was 600 years old when the flood-waters were on the earth.’
Genesis 6:4 tells us that just before Noah built the ark:
“There were giants on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons
of God came in to the daughters of men and they bore children to them. Those
were the mighty men of old, men of renown.”
According to Dr. Fruchtenbaum and Dr. Missler these ‘sons of God’ are fallen angels that took on human form and produced a hybrid race called the ‘nephilim’ in order to corrupt mankind so the Messiah could not be born, a master-plan of Satan that inevitably failed. Goliath was a descendant of this race, and that is why he was a giant and his son had 6 fingers and 6 toes.
The Symbolism of the Flood
In Chapter Four of Part 1 we learned the meanings of some of the symbols used in the prophetic scriptures. The word ‘flood’ means a 'military invasion, attack or war.' One example of this symbol is in Revelation 12:15 where the serpent“…spewed water out of his mouth like a flood after the woman,” so the interpretation of this is, ‘Satan sends an army to attack the fleeing Jews.’
The Meanings in Noah’s Name
The Hebrew word for ‘Noah’ is נח and means: 'rest, night, a guided journey to a place of rest.' In Luke 17:26-37 Yeshua describes the time before His return, “...as it was in the days of Noah.” Hence, just prior to the Second Coming it will be like night time (verse 34), a time of darkness and distress, like the days of the flood (verse 29), which is a wider reference to military invasions. Revelation 12:14 describes the fleeing remnant of Jews as ‘the woman’ who, “…was given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness to her place.” Hence, ‘as it was in the days of Noah’ describes the time the woman is on a guided journey to her place of rest.
Isn't it interesting that the description Yeshua gave of the Great Tribulation period is tied to the meanings of Noah’s name and the flood? Therefore the numbers 600 and 6 are associated here with the timing of the Great Tribulation, and a demonically controlled and provoked period of war on Israel.
Let us now categorize our findings. The numbers 6, 60, 600, and 666 are all related to one or more of the following:
1. Peace - The name of the empire is associated with the Hebrew letters שלם
2. Satan and the descendants of the enemies of Israel - Greatness, size,
strength, many nations
3. War/Military Attacks/Invasions - Chariots, shields, spears, armor -
weapons, and flood
4. Wealth - Gold
5. Origin is Babylon - The descendants of Adonikam
6. Leading men/worship - Ruler - king/lord; military/righteous; throne, pride
7. Judgment - Sin
8. Time Period - Noah’s age
9. Iron - Strength, from the earth
In Part 2, we will continue this study and identify the empire and character of 666 that reveals startling information IN CONTEXT with the political and religious scenario building dramatically in Israel today.